Sunday, May 10, 2009

So this is Mother's Day...

Sleeping Zoey- sucking her thumb just like mommy did when I was little!!


Well, it is my first Mother's Day...and I'm thousands of miles away from my daughter. Trying not to be sad...I did go in to work for a few hours this morning and that was a good distraction. I can't believe it has already been one week since we met Zoey for the first time. I know next year this time I'll probably be saying "I can't believe its been one year since....!"

I kept busy yesterday with my mom and my friend Alice. The nursery has really come a long way..it no longer looks like Target and Babies R Us exploded all over it! I still have to wash all the clothes and sheets and put them away. But it is much more organized AND we completed refinishing an old dresser...it looks great! I ordered the changing table and a diaper bag also.

I had been putting all of those things off because this adoption just didn't feel real. But now that we've been to Ghana and actually met her I'm feeling more and more confident in the reality that it might actually come to fruition!! I guess after you experience so much loss while trying to grow your family it is hard to really accept that something terrible isn't going to happen and this isn't going to just fall through like everything else has. While I still have a little of that fear left, I'm feeling so much better! I'm ready to take on Motherhood and be SuperMommy (in addition to SuperNurse and SuperWife which I've already perfected ;)

Well, I know you are only here for the pictures....so without further ado........



The Day of our Embassy Appointment....and my birthday (the BEST birthday EVER)


Scott with some of the ladies at the orphanage..they liked him alot...;)

Daddy feeding Zoey for the first time.
Ahh...just looking at these makes me feel better. Thanks to everyone for the sweet Mother's Day wishes and for hopes of a speedy return to Ghana to bring Zoey home. Please keep hoping and praying for our family to come together soon and for final.






2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Zoey is beautiful! You guys all look so happy. We're so excited for you! We're staying in the same room you guys were in!

Kirsten said...

Hey Kasie,

I saw your post on my blog....When we were there, Percy did ask about you guys and they told him to call back the next day (Wednesday) after 3. We won't see him today as he is in another city working but I will ask him as soon as we do to see if there is any news for you guys and Zoey.